Trans-Tasman Forza Racing

Trans-Tasman Forza Racing is a forum dedicated to serious online series racing within the Australian and New Zealand time zones.
Whilst there may be other forums out there, TTFR is dedicated only to the serious players of Forza Motorsport who realise clean racing and strategy are the keys to winning races.

Do not bring any past issues you may have had with any XBL players or members from other forums to this site - use it as a fresh start - respect others and you will be respected in return.

If you can't uphold this basic moral value - do not log in.

Thank you
TTFR Organising Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Trans-Tasman Forza Racing is a forum dedicated to serious online series racing within the Australian and New Zealand time zones.
Whilst there may be other forums out there, TTFR is dedicated only to the serious players of Forza Motorsport who realise clean racing and strategy are the keys to winning races.

Do not bring any past issues you may have had with any XBL players or members from other forums to this site - use it as a fresh start - respect others and you will be respected in return.

If you can't uphold this basic moral value - do not log in.

Thank you
TTFR Organising Team

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans-Tasman Forza Racing is a forum dedicated to serious online series racing within the Australian and New Zealand time zones. Whilst there my be other forums out there, TTFR is dedicated only to the serious races of Forza Motorsport

4 posters

Basic Tuning Tips

NoRecoil
    NoRecoil
    Admin

Basic Tuning Tips Empty Basic Tuning Tips

Post by NoRecoil Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:40 am

Below is a rather simple way to tune for Maximum Mechanical grip, Build your car and head to a test session on your chosen track then follow the simple steps below - it should give you a better understanding of what does what when you change it

1:) Zero out ARB, Damping, Springs, Caster, Toe, Camber, set the diff to 20 accel and 3 decel, now drive the car.

2:) Work on the spring rates first and get to a place where the car is not bobbing around and turns in with adequate grip.

If front tires lose traction first, soften front springs in relation to the rear.

If rear tires lose traction first, soften rear springs in relation to the front.

Stiff springs means better responsiveness and higher overall handling but too much will make the tires lose traction.

3:) Work on the damping, bump first to control the transitional understeer/oversteer. When bump is set then set the rebound 60-70% higher than bump.

4:) Now work on the ARB to control unwanted body roll and adjust the diff if needed, lower the accel if the cars rear is to lose when leaving a corner.

5:)Drive car and look at tyre temps on the telemetry screen (up on Dpad) and adjust Camber, Toe, and Caster so temps are similar on dominate tyres. (Dominate tyres are the ones that are used most on any given track)

:)Now set your tyre pressures - look for even temperatures and a green spread on the telemetry screen, drag a a little harder to get the temps correct in.

Now you should have maximum mechanical grip, trick is to make small adjustments once you have your spring rates correct - it may take up to 45min+ to work through this process but the result will be a car that suits your particular driving style.

If anyone would like to add information to this - post below
    Original Reapr
    Original Reapr

Basic Tuning Tips Empty Re: Basic Tuning Tips

Post by Original Reapr Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:25 am

I have one thing to add to this: Don't ask me for tuning tips! The only reason I am saying this is that most people ask me for my tune & then once I gift it to them they tell me its horrible hahaha :-)

In all seriousness though, Recoil has posted some good ideas up there, if you cover all those adjustments he has mentioned & get them to your liking, you should have a car that is working pretty well for you.

ALSO, DON'T FORGET, If you are having trouble getting it dialled in perfectly, everyone else is pretty much in the same situation too. The trick is to get it so the car suits YOUR driving style & so that YOU are comfortable with how it reacts etc... getting a perfect balance is always the goal but rarely the case so don't think you are the only one struggling if you can't get it just right!
    Pender89
    Pender89

Post by Pender89 Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:04 am

Thanks fellas this has been really helpful for me.

Cheers! Smile
    wylie27

Post by wylie27 Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:07 am

Original Reapr wrote:I have one thing to add to this: Don't ask me for tuning tips! The only reason I am saying this is that most people ask me for my tune & then once I gift it to them they tell me its horrible hahaha :-)

In all seriousness though, Recoil has posted some good ideas up there, if you cover all those adjustments he has mentioned & get them to your liking, you should have a car that is working pretty well for you.

ALSO, DON'T FORGET, If you are having trouble getting it dialled in perfectly, everyone else is pretty much in the same situation too. The trick is to get it so the car suits YOUR driving style & so that YOU are comfortable with how it reacts etc... getting a perfect balance is always the goal but rarely the case so don't think you are the only one struggling if you can't get it just right!

I liked the Corvette.. it was very stable for such a overpowered over torqued car..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 am